Cafe W

Ships are safe in the harbor...but that is not what ships are made for.

Disclaimer:

Don't let the daisy's fool ya! I am not running for office, nor do I teach a Sunday school class. We started this blog to document our family's adoption journey...a journey that is by no means filled with cotton candy and unicorns. It is fueled 100% by love, but I am learning that it is very HARD...every day...and this blog is my therapy I guess...like I have time to go to a real shrink! If your tender ears are offended by my occasional rant or a few Bible curse words here and there...this probably isn't the blog for you.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Luci's progress, Mac's crazy baseball skills

Well it has been a week since Luci had her dressings removed...and like the doc said...it is going to look rough for a while as thejgy skin settles down. As far as we are concerned we are thrilled that we can finally look into those pretty brown eyes. Before it was hard to make contact but now we can see all of her eyes and it is great!


-











And Mac is still giving the stink eye!


The rest of the night...Mac had a complete fit to go outside and play baseball..it was 8:30 at night! He was throwing major fits so his father decided he had a great plan...they go outside and Mac runs back in with his bat, Brian's great plan was to let him play baseball in the house...(and break the two items left sitting on flat surfaces in our house)...thinking he would just throw it faster than Mac can hit it...for all of his intelligence my husband can be a slow learner at times...the speedballs worked a few times and then Mac started cracking them into the kitchen...yes, the full on baseball games in this small house are unnerving but I am very proud of my little genetic freak of nature...it is hysterical to watch a 2.5 year old kill the crap out of a ball thrown fast and overhanded...it is hysterical...and will hopefully pay for his college one day.

Luci goes back to CHOA on Tuesday to get two scalp expanders put in the back of her head the beginning of two months on zero fun but eventually giving her "big hair like mommy".

I will have to pass down the hot rollers to her in celebration...and a can of aqua net.

T

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Luci looks awesome! So looking forward to following your journey. Sorry to hear this is the beginning of the 'not so fun' summer for Luci. :-( I am sending prayers your way!!

    BTW - My DH and I are reading your blog and freaking loving it. So glad I found this. The 'doctor give Lucy big hair like mommy' is soo soo funny.

    We are so on your 'camp christian' page too. We had an identical conversation with God when we started our adoption. Surprised he swore at both of us but I guess he speaks to us in the language we understand!! :-)

    ReplyDelete