Cafe W

Ships are safe in the harbor...but that is not what ships are made for.

Disclaimer:

Don't let the daisy's fool ya! I am not running for office, nor do I teach a Sunday school class. We started this blog to document our family's adoption journey...a journey that is by no means filled with cotton candy and unicorns. It is fueled 100% by love, but I am learning that it is very HARD...every day...and this blog is my therapy I guess...like I have time to go to a real shrink! If your tender ears are offended by my occasional rant or a few Bible curse words here and there...this probably isn't the blog for you.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Back for part #2

Hello everyone! Luci and I are back at CHOA for part 2 of her eye surgery. This is where they take her back into the OR and remove the wires going through the bridge of her nose and take those pads off.

She has been such a champ these last two weeks, never complained about pain once! I kept asking her, poked her face a little she kept saying it didn't hurt...I have to imagine I would not have been as agreeable with pads wired through my nose to my face.

We are hoping for great results, meaning a reduction in the webbing of the scars around her eyes.

For one it would interfere with her vision but it also made it difficult to get eye contact with her, and that is such an important part of bonding and communicating.

I am looking forward to really seeing her eyes when we talk and play.

And let's be real, I want to know when she is giving me that LOOK, you know the look...the "whatever" look...yeah, I need to see that clearly.

I will post the after pics later but the doc said it will take a couple of months for that area of her face to "settle down".







-Doing some math work while we wait.




Got out gown on, vitals are all good, where is that nap juice? Can mommy have some??





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment