Cafe W

Ships are safe in the harbor...but that is not what ships are made for.

Disclaimer:

Don't let the daisy's fool ya! I am not running for office, nor do I teach a Sunday school class. We started this blog to document our family's adoption journey...a journey that is by no means filled with cotton candy and unicorns. It is fueled 100% by love, but I am learning that it is very HARD...every day...and this blog is my therapy I guess...like I have time to go to a real shrink! If your tender ears are offended by my occasional rant or a few Bible curse words here and there...this probably isn't the blog for you.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

All finished, hopefully home in a few hours!

Well Luci did great and she is sleeping here beside me in the hospital room. When she wakes up we will give her some juice and make our way home. The doc said he things it looks good but to outsiders it will look rou....this part of he rface has been cut on, and squeezed for 2 weeks, it has to calm back down and then start healing.

So...first of all, in case anyone is wondering: why is this woman posting all this info and pics???

Well, I am not an idiot and I am doing this for a very specific purpose...two actually.

1) I know how valuable this is for other parents that have children that will need this type of reconstructive work. The before and after and the ins and outs along the way are valuable knowledge that parents can file away until needed. I know when We were in the process of adopting Luci (and still now) I religiously read the blogs of other parents that were in the process of having their kids undergo pro desires that I knew we might need for Luci. I know it was comforting to see others walking this path and seeing that things turn out well on the other end...and also get good cautious advice along the way from parents.

If you have any questions regarding the doctors we are using or the pro refutes she is having please feel free to email me and I will help you every way I can.

2) I am doing this to document Luci's adventures in life. There is a part of her life that we missed out on. Luckily her orphanage was a great one and we have pictures from infancy through the day we arrived to make her part of our family. I want this part of her life, her story, to be one that she remembers. I want her to know and see what a strong little soldier she was. I know if I think back to being 4 or 5' I remember random things but not a lot of specifics. I want her to know the details of her story. One day she is going to have to have some tough bridges to cross but she can look back and see everything she has been through and realize that there isn't much she can't handle.

She is resilient and I want to document it for her. This child will not be easily shaken.

One day when all the medical stuff is over we are going to have this blog printed into a book and she will have proof that 1) she is not alone and is loved greatly and 2) she is strong and the rest of the world better just clear a path, she's not slowing down for the piddly nuisances!

Until then enjoy following our journey and know we are a resource for anyone out there with questions about adoption or the medical tight rope walk.

Have a great day and thank you for all your prayers and love!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see she is doing well. I've been trying to get in touch with you guys since your CNY photos got returned to me with incorrect address and I finally remembered your blog. Please email me at ahorn56@comcast.net so that I can get them to you.
    angela hornbuckle

    ReplyDelete