Cafe W

Ships are safe in the harbor...but that is not what ships are made for.

Disclaimer:

Don't let the daisy's fool ya! I am not running for office, nor do I teach a Sunday school class. We started this blog to document our family's adoption journey...a journey that is by no means filled with cotton candy and unicorns. It is fueled 100% by love, but I am learning that it is very HARD...every day...and this blog is my therapy I guess...like I have time to go to a real shrink! If your tender ears are offended by my occasional rant or a few Bible curse words here and there...this probably isn't the blog for you.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Luci's 4th Birthday...

So yesterday our Luci turned 4...and no we were not there  to celebrate with her,but a bunch of pink stuff and a cake were there in our absence.  If she doesn't like pink then..oops!  I am pretty sure from past pics she is a girly girl when it comes to things being pink and sparkly. 




We added a thumb drive this time at the encouragement of Ann.  She said our orphanage has a digital camera and would prefer to send the pics digital.  I also can't wait to get back the 3 disposable cameras I have sent over the past year - hopefully there will be some fun pics on those too.

On the travel front...where did we leave off..yeah, the travel lady is slow...well I eventually connected with her Thursday night and she booked our main flights over and back and got us a good rate...so I was cool.  ANd now I haven't heard from her since...and it is Tuesday afternoon...that was Thursday.

Not cool.

So I do not know any other details than our Delta flights there and back.  All I know is that the next time I hear from her I sincerely hope it is an email with everyting booked and that includes a hotel in GZ for less than $220 a night...cause I could have booked that myself last Friday night!

My mom is at a conference in DC right now for Head Start and then she comes home and turns arounf and goes to China with me next week.  I doubt she will have any problem sleeping on the plane next week.  I am employing my standard "over the ocean" plan of attack. Watch a movie with a glass of wine...Watch a second movie....Get another glass of wine, pop a sleeping pill and read, read, read...until you can't keep your eyes open.  Wake up, eat something...finish the book you started earlier, quick cat nap and you are probably there.  It works!

My little brother and his soon to be wife and my sooon to be nephew (they are sooo 100% family already!!!) and coming in town for the weekend.  This means we can have a late celabration cor Carl and an early celabration for Mac...and I won't feel so guilty about getting on a plane on his birthday and not having a birthday party for him....ugggggg....feeling VERY guilty!

And just to document it for history sake...Mac did #2 in the potty this weekend...and since he is barely 2 he isn't capeable for killing me for writing this!  He also peed in the potty this morning....of course this has nothing to do with my super mom abilities...apparently the daycare he goes to is actually teaching them to go to the potty.


More to come soon - hopefully Ann will be able to get a few of Luci's birthday pics to me before I leave!





No comments:

Post a Comment