Cafe W

Ships are safe in the harbor...but that is not what ships are made for.

Disclaimer:

Don't let the daisy's fool ya! I am not running for office, nor do I teach a Sunday school class. We started this blog to document our family's adoption journey...a journey that is by no means filled with cotton candy and unicorns. It is fueled 100% by love, but I am learning that it is very HARD...every day...and this blog is my therapy I guess...like I have time to go to a real shrink! If your tender ears are offended by my occasional rant or a few Bible curse words here and there...this probably isn't the blog for you.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Luci's care package

Last Sunday was Luci's 4th birthday and it was sad for us to not be with her...but we are soooo close to being there!

I sent her a very pink care package and I hope she got to still feel like a very loved and adored little pink princess!








-

















I was hoping that we might get some birthday pics back before we head over to China...but in about one week we will be with her.

The official countdown has begun and I am need to get cracking on those last minute items on the list. Almost everything has been purchased....except the crap that I can't stand fooling with...that would be all things technological and electronic gadget related. I so despise this arena but the technology is too good to not jump in and use. I think I would enjoy the gadgetry more if I wasn' having to fork over money every time I want to enable a feature on said gadget. So, I loaded a VPN...well not really, I paid for it. Then of course it popped up a message that says I have to contact them if the VPN is for an iPad...and they don' t do telephone customer service so shoot them an email.

And that is always how my relationship with technology seems to go. Io I can't simply decide I want to do something, follow the instructions and have it work...there is always a caveat...it is annoying...especially when you are paying money for the pleasure of being annoyed.

So I am using Blogpress to create this post, because that is how I will be doing it in China....well, after I spend $100 more on accessories for the wallet vacuum known as the iPad, then I will be good to go. Oh yeah, i have to get something known as a router to get wireless in my China hotel room...cause you cant plug wired internet into the ipad. Then i have to get something else to upload pics from the camera...no usb port on the handy dandy iPad. Yeah the gadget made to do everything...right!

If I get all that crap to work simultaneously it will be a miracle!

So now I have to go and figure out how to video Skype.

P.S. I am leaving Wednesday (it's Sunday night) and I have not heard from my agencies travel lady in over a week and I have no travel itinerary...if you know me..you know that I will not be doing a post about this situation and how it makes me feel because it would contain so many expletives that Blogger would permanently revoke my privileges. Let's just say ...when I wake up every night about 3am, this is the topic that is making steam shoot from my nostrils and my teeth grind.








Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


2 comments:

  1. We plan on getting the Airport Express by Apple so we can use the iPad in China. Have you looked at it? http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/ I'm very excited to follow your journey to Luci. We'll be following in a few weeks for our Josie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's Wednesday and my prayers and thoughts are with you!!! Can't wait to see that beautiful baby girl in your arms--she'll definitely be the best dressed girl in town!!

    Good luck on the ipad stuff..personally, I wouldn't have a clue!

    BIG HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete