Cafe W

Ships are safe in the harbor...but that is not what ships are made for.

Disclaimer:

Don't let the daisy's fool ya! I am not running for office, nor do I teach a Sunday school class. We started this blog to document our family's adoption journey...a journey that is by no means filled with cotton candy and unicorns. It is fueled 100% by love, but I am learning that it is very HARD...every day...and this blog is my therapy I guess...like I have time to go to a real shrink! If your tender ears are offended by my occasional rant or a few Bible curse words here and there...this probably isn't the blog for you.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Luci Loves Cake!

Which works our well for the Newton household.  And so cute - they are praying before they eat it - so precious!
OK - so she is precious and way more disciplined that anyone in our house.  There isn't a whole lot of praying "before cake" that I can remember... more like "Thank You God!" during and after the cake. 



And lets talk about this rocking sense of fashion this one has!  I have been picking up a few outfits here and there for her but I haven't stocked her wardrobe with things quite as wild as the fuschia pink fur sleeveless sweater. 

Now I am reconsidering the little "decorate your own shoes" kit I got her...just for fun.  It has a pair of little silver heels and it comes with all these jewels and glitter and feathers and stuff to decorate them with.  I am guessing that this child will want to wear them everywhere - what was I thinking!  I can see it now - our first big blow-out..."Cry all ya want Luci - ya still can't wear hooker shoes to church!

I love this last picture - apparently it is tradition over there to put icing all over the kids faces when they get a cake...hmm, Mac isn't Chinese and he does this every time he eats any food - no assistance needed.  And check out the little boy's hair cuts!  Think Mac would go for one of those?  Since his natural hair situation currently looks like he is wearing a toupe, it would probably be a big improvement.
So I hear there may be a few additional picures coming my way and some up dates from the orphanage so I am waiting - but not patiently.

We also sent her a little photo album with famly pics and a letter telling her what we have been up to. 
We are eagerly waiting our I800a approval so we are playing the mailbox game...after that comes then a week or so later we get the real letter we are waiting on I797C..or something like that.  Basically once we have that then everything can go over to China and start getting processed.  According to my calculations it still looks like it will be August when we go get our Luci and not July like we were hoping.

And lastly - Congrats to the Straight family (see their blog that I follow "Straight Talk"") because they are getting on a plane at midnight and heading to China to get their sweet Elise.  I can't wait to follow every step of their journey.  Donna and her family live here in Atlanta and have 2 handsome sons and 2 beautiful little girls from China.  She is a working mom like me - literally just like me, both of us are accountants- and she has been so helpful showing me the ropes of this adoption process.

Isn't she the most precious cupcake in the world!

Currently Waiting for Elise

1 comment: