Cafe W

Ships are safe in the harbor...but that is not what ships are made for.

Disclaimer:

Don't let the daisy's fool ya! I am not running for office, nor do I teach a Sunday school class. We started this blog to document our family's adoption journey...a journey that is by no means filled with cotton candy and unicorns. It is fueled 100% by love, but I am learning that it is very HARD...every day...and this blog is my therapy I guess...like I have time to go to a real shrink! If your tender ears are offended by my occasional rant or a few Bible curse words here and there...this probably isn't the blog for you.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

And the paperchase continues...

So to give you a quick and dirty synopsis of this paperchase process...we gather a butt load of paperwork from various government and law enforcement agencies, employers, doctors and social workers...and they all have to be notarized.  Then we send that stack of blood sweat and tears (and several checks) to our agency and they turn around and sort them our based on what county they were notarized in and send them to the courthouse of said county - they check out the notary and give it the thumbs up that teh document is properly notarized.  Which means basically they send them right back to a place 10 miles up the road from where I am sitting.  The courthouse turns around and sends them to the Secretary f state and they check out the docs and give their final thumbs up - called Authentication...after that the docs are sent to the Chinese Consulate so they can Authenticate everything...yes - everyone is double checking everyone elses work over and over and over...

Now those that are more advanced than myself and usually have been down this road before...they do this authentication process themselves...but I suck and my agency rocks so they are doing it for us.  I have realized that we could have probably sped up the process and saved a little $$ by doing it ourselves but I only realized that about half way through the process...I told you - I kind of suck at this.

So...we get a call last week that there was a problem with 5 of our docs that were notarized in Cobb county...wonderful!  Get this...the notary stamp said her commission expired on 12/20/2012...their records said that her commission expired on 12/28/2012....yep - her stamp was made incorrectly...I don't thing the Chinese people would like us very much...we are unlucky!

So 4 of the docs were easy - just print out again, sign and have notarized again.  However...#4 was a biggie...it was Brian's employment letter...this was not easy to obtain and since his last day with VWR will be 3/15...it is not obtainable again!

However...God does the darndest little things and only later do we realize how important they are...and thank God I remembered!  The second time we requested Brian's corporate HR office to send us an employment letter on company letter head with an original signature for some reason - she sent 2!  We didn't ask for two - we didn't need two.....but someone up above knew we would be needing that second letter!

So...disaster averted...all 5 docs are back in the hands of my agency ready to be sent right back here to Georgia for Authentication....I know...it is just how it is done! 


On a good note - Brian and I recently received a letter from Homeland Security - Immigration saying that our appoint,emnt for biometric fingerprinting was on 3/14...being the crazy renegades that we are - we went in today - a week ahead of time...SUCCESS!

No questions, no problems, it took us less than 30 minutes and the people that worked there were so nice and upbeat and helpful...shocking - I know!

So...now we wait for the biggie...our I797C...that is the last piece of documentation that needs to go in our dossier so the whole thing can be translated and sent to Chine...God that will be a great day!

I am guessing that will happen around mid April...but sooner wouldn't bother me at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment