Cafe W

Ships are safe in the harbor...but that is not what ships are made for.

Disclaimer:

Don't let the daisy's fool ya! I am not running for office, nor do I teach a Sunday school class. We started this blog to document our family's adoption journey...a journey that is by no means filled with cotton candy and unicorns. It is fueled 100% by love, but I am learning that it is very HARD...every day...and this blog is my therapy I guess...like I have time to go to a real shrink! If your tender ears are offended by my occasional rant or a few Bible curse words here and there...this probably isn't the blog for you.

Friday, August 5, 2011

NVC Approval! Booyah!

I am so happy! All of these final steps have average wait times and they just make you stark raving crazy! I have tried to resist stepping off into crazy town during this process...some of you might disagree... (Brian!)

Anyway...once I realized that we might 1) miss Luci's birthday and 2) get tangled up in Ch!na's October holiday+ trade show mess...I dove right in, head first into the local crazy town lake and I have been swimming in it for about 2 weeks...

Aparently CRAZY works...at least for this process.  Our I800 approval came in a week ahead of average estimates and then I (sort of hesitantly)...stalked the crap out of the USCIS since last Sunday night.

Every day I sent the email, every day I got a response, 1) not in system, 2) you exist but we haven't put you in the system, 3) You are in the system but not approved yet 4) Here is your FREAKIN approval letter LADY!!!!! now stop emailing us.

It wasn't written that way but I know what they were thinking.

I need to use this crazy psycho stalking thing more often!

So what does this mean...that someone in china is going to do something with this approval letter and email us when we will get Article 5...can't remember what particular piece of red tape that is  - and really - does it matter???

So as it stands...about 2-3 weeks from today we get article 5, then about 2-3 weeks from then we get travel approval...and then about 2-3 days after that I buy some ungodly priced last minute round trip tickets to China and get on a plane with my mom and go get Luci!

So for the next 2 steps we really need them to come in at the 2 week mark...we really need to leave by Sept 15!!! 

I was so happy to get those pictures yesterday but man they have made me nutty - I just can't stand it any more - got to get her home!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support through this adventure - we are on the last leg of the race!

Tara

2 comments:

  1. I was SO HAPPY to read your latest news!!! You are well on your way to getting that TA!!! Sending prayers that all works to God's plan for travel in time to celebrate Miss Luci Q's birthday!

    Hugs,
    Sharee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was googling Wuhan and across your blog. So first off is your new baby from Wuhan? We adopted Lael from there 13 years ago. Also, was your baby burned? We've adopted two, Bret and Cokie that were and have been through lots and lots and lots of surgeries. : - ) We've got the system down and after you get the hang of it it's not bad at all.

    Sammy
    www.sammynmick.com

    ReplyDelete