Cafe W

Ships are safe in the harbor...but that is not what ships are made for.

Disclaimer:

Don't let the daisy's fool ya! I am not running for office, nor do I teach a Sunday school class. We started this blog to document our family's adoption journey...a journey that is by no means filled with cotton candy and unicorns. It is fueled 100% by love, but I am learning that it is very HARD...every day...and this blog is my therapy I guess...like I have time to go to a real shrink! If your tender ears are offended by my occasional rant or a few Bible curse words here and there...this probably isn't the blog for you.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Alien Issue - This is Tara venting...no adoption info.

So, I am sitting here writing about serious things, very close to my heart, drinking the first glass red wine in too many moons, and what does my husband start watching.  Yes - that damn alien show!

V or whatever...by the way...wasn't that show already on when I was back in highschool.  Apparently it is the same thing - they just pulled the goofy blonde Freddy Kruger dude and inserted some hot brunette. 

There is a hard and fast rule in my house - we don;t watch ghosts and we don;t watch aliens...fictional or reality show - no difference.

Wanna know why...I am pretty sure I believe in both.

Or I rather I don;t know if I believe in them and I 100% do not want to know if they are for real...I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

Yea, on every other aspect of life I want to know every detail about everything...except those two. An honestly if I were tied to a chair and forced to listen to someone tell my their encounter with one or the other...I am totally going with the ghosts...I can deal with that via my God connection...possibly.  Aliens...just keep on walking.

My best friend...whom I have known since 13, gone to school with, lived next door to, and worked with got stupid one day and told me that the movie "Signs" was so great and I had to see it.

Did she forget the fact that my parents live out in the country...and their house is surrounded by cornfields...so no, I do not look out of the windows of their house at night under any circumstances.  I don't care if I hear an explosion, if I hear a jet land in the driveway, whatever...I am not looking out into the fields!  I am not kidding - if I have to pee in the middle of the night it is head down, straight to the bathroom and back...no random glances out the window.   And by the way Kris...they did have a windstorm once and it left these swirls of fallen cornstalks all in the fields - or I have to try and convince myself it was a windstorm.  And it also doesn't help that my parents have aquaintences in the small town they reside in that swear on their children's lives that they have "followed the bright light" back into the fields and ya know...saw the thing land.  Again...if people in my family loved me, they would not share this stuff with me. 
Thank you mom for sharing the stories and thank you Kristi for making me terrified to sleep at my parents house, and thank you Brian for reviving all of those visions for me by getting sucked in the the Alien drama tonight.  I might just stay up all night blogging.

One good thing about living in the city...NO ALIENS!!!  At least not the kind that make circles in corn fields!


SWING AWAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment